Sleep Better Upstate understands the frustration that you may be feeling if a patient is unable to tolerate CPAP and we are here for you. What you can expect from our office:
- We follow AADSM and New York Medical Board protocols for treating sleep apnea.
- We will always send follow up letters so you can follow along with your patient’s treatment.
- We will always require a referral from your patient’s sleep doctor or primary care doctor. (No online or office diagnosing)
- We are participating providers with Medicare. We work with and DIRECTLY bill all major medical insurance plans.
- We always use the highest quality appliances. We are not a one size fits all office!
- We are committed to continuing education for sleep apnea as well as oral appliance therapy by constantly staying up to date with knowledge related to the latest studies and CE courses.
- We are not afraid to tell a patient that Oral appliance therapy may not work for them based on our findings with the patient.
- We educate patients on the adjunct treatment options such as bed wedges, nasal cones/strips, sleep masks, diet/weight loss, and proper sleep hygiene.
- We continue to see great results in patients who will benefit from oral appliances or combination oral appliances and CPAP devices. We recognize that the CPAP is still the gold standard in treating severe sleep apnea.
Dr. Jean-Charles and Dr. Kashi, and our entire team of dental sleep professionals enjoy meeting with physicians and their team to educate on Oral Appliance Therapy and how we can be a resource for you and your patients.
If this is something you feel will benefit your office and would like to schedule a lunch and learn please email Wendy Ayres (WendyA@sleepbetterupstate.com)
*Please note, when referring a patient to our offices, we need a copy of the patient’s Diagnostic Sleep Study and a prescription (see below). Also, find us on leading reach under Sleep Better Upstate
To submit a prescription request, please fill out the form below: